Customer Care

How do I use a non-touch tone telephone to connect my CEIVA frame?

CEIVA 2 and 3

Press and hold the white Picture Button on the back of your CEIVA frame for ten seconds to access the Dial-in Control screen.

All Other Models

Press the Menu button on your CEIVA frame or remote and navigate to Settings > Connection Settings > Advanced Settings > Telephone Settings > Edit Telephone Settings.

From your frame

Access the Telephone Settings or Dial-In Control screen on your frame to change your dial type to pulse or change your modem settings.* Once you have changed this information, connect your frame by selecting the Connect menu option or pressing and holding the white button.

From ceiva.com

You can also change your frame's settings on the My Frames page in your ceiva.com account, after which you must take it to a location with touch-tone dialing to communicate the settings change.

Connect the power and phone lines and press and hold both the black and white buttons on the back of the frame. When the LCD screen turns black, let go of the buttons. Once the connection progress bar has finished, connect your frame in its original location.

*Settings for the CEIVA 1™ model can be changed from your ceiva.com account or by calling our Customer Care team at 1-877-MYCEIVA.

Contact Us

1-877-692-3482

CEIVA Logic Inc.

303 N Glenoaks Blvd STE 200
Burbank, CA 91502

Customer Care Hours

Monday-Friday
9:00 am - 4:00 pm PT